Monday, November 7, 2011

What a dreary day, but was a good one to sleep this mornin. Shawn has been busy at work fixin up a truck for us to have as our second vehicle. Grateful that he has the talent to work on things to save us money. Went to the health fair today and my fasting blood sugar was 90 so that was good, but realize more and more every day just how unhealthy I have become. I don't feel I am lazy. I sleep different times than other people but I think over all less, I have so much on my plate I feel like I am in a whirlwind most days--yet I feel like my health and well being have no spot at all on my roster right now. That has to change. I feel selfish when I take time for myself, but am beginning to realize that the only selfish thing would be to have a heart attack or stroke or some horrible disease because I didn't put a little effort in to myself. That would be cutting my time with my family short. I can make lists and organizational charts and plans, and if i don't actually have time to follow through than they are pointless.
Shawn got all the bikes put away today, and I am gonna work on the shrubs and front porch tomorrow. I also need to finish cleaning carpets, putting away halloween deco, 2 loads of laundry, a few groceries, preparing for PALS teaching thursday/friday, preparing for girlscouts Friday, cleaning out fridge and giving the main bathroom a good scrubbing.(somehow playing in the leaves last evening for the kids resulted in a destruction of the bathroom). I have to start preparing for Christmas at some point and figure out how much more i have to work to get stuff for the kiddos and hope they enjoy their gifts. I feel so overwhelmed sometimes, but at the same time love caring for my family and don't see myself doing many unnecessary tasks at all.
I would like to add some of my favorite recipes that we like to this as time allows, but am still trying to figure out layouts and such. Well, things need done and I am getting sleepy--only 4 hours sleep today and still have to drive in to chelsi basketball practice in a bit.

1 comment: