Monday, November 28, 2011

winter blues

What is it about winter that brings depression along with it. I have heard it is the lack of sunshine. Seems funny with glistening white snow. Brisk temperatures to bring alive your senses. Beautiful Christmas lights sparkling. You would think our sleep would be better with cozy warm quilts and warming blankets. The joy of the season and celebrating the birth of a savior that gave us eternal life should be enough to keep us going all winter long. I tend to be one that tears up with every slow Christmas carol, get sad when I think of all the wonderful things I would love to buy my family but can't afford, dwell on the loved ones that won't be sitting at the Christmas table. Then I think about the shivering families who no longer have a home and will be cold all winter and growling stomachs. Does our greed as small as it may be belittle the needs of these people.? I am trying to stay happy, be generous and loving and remember that God loves us and is in control. Every season has it's place and beauty. I prefer fall and spring but I know that every day is a blessing and to waste a day with my precious family would be foolish. We should enjoy every moment of every day because time is something we can't get back. The wrinkles on my face remind me of this daily. Sooooo that is my goal is tto not let the winter blues get the best of me this year. Now off to warm my cozy covers :)

No comments:

Post a Comment