Tuesday, October 18, 2011

As I clean my house today and try to find spots for everything after the kitchen remodel, I try to remember what inspired me to accumulate all of this JUNK.   I have come to the conclusion that the statement "someone's junk is someone else's treasure" is only partially true.  I have so much of my grandmother's from both sides, mother's and shawn's mother's things in my home. When I took them in I think part of the time I was thinking this meant a lot to them so I should keep this, or maybe I will use this maybe someday.  And do you want to know what: I have never used the stuff and now all it has created is unwanted clutter. I have made a promise to myself that if I am not POSITIVE my family will use the item, it is not coming into my house.  I love my little house, but cannot stand clutter.I believe whole heartedly that less is more.I have amish friends and their house is immaculate and there is no clutter anywhere. The kids have  a small corner with toys, there are a few precious handmade decorations, and the bedrooms are simple and uncluttered and meant for sleeping. It is no wonder their homes are so beautiful, they do not have to move and shuffle junk in order to clean.  I hope by this winter to have my home simplified, donating what is not needed and recycling the materials that can be taken to the center.I have cleaned people's home as employment in the past and growled under my breath at excessive clutter---my oh my I wonder what the cleaning lady would mutter in my home.  Now back to my accumulations and trip to simplification.

No comments:

Post a Comment