Tuesday, October 18, 2011

wow, hard to believe that first post was almost a year and a half ago. Let's just say things exploded and became very very busy.  I think I am finally getting a grasp on it enough to start this blog thing again. I did get a job at Dupont Hospital in Fort Wayne. I work with children which makes my job so much easier and rewarding. Shortly after I went through orientation my husband lost his job at the factory so we are still on one income. I took on the task of teaching Pediatric Advanced Life Support at a sister hospital. I also substitute as school nurse at a couple of local schools.  Shawn went back for his EMT and passed with flying colors.  He is now continuing on for his paramedic in hope for a better paying job.  I hope to return to school when he is done.  I joined the Van Wert Nurses Association and am now a member of the preschool board. I also became a Girl Scout Leader and am trying to learn the ropes for that.We made it through another year of softball and soccer. BLLLLLUUURRRRR.  In my spare time(lol) I coupon and try to make stuff for my family. We have limited eating out, I do alot of second hand shopping, and use coupons and voutures weekly. I make most of my own cleaning supplies and enjoy sharing my secrets with friends.  We have made it and I think we have done it comfortably.  I know my daughter would love to shop the mall weekly and have more money, but I hope in the journey of this thing called life, my children learn what is really important and what should be valued.

No comments:

Post a Comment